You have purchased a quality product/service from GARDEN BUILDINGS RETAIL LTD T/A Compton Spares.com which we trust meets with your complete satisfaction. In the unlikely event of any defect arising from faulty parts, materials or workmanship, Compton Spares.com guarantee to remedy them at no cost to you for a period of 5 years.
- The Company warrants the building free from any defects in materials supplied, or in any workmanship (including site preparation and/or installations) carried out by us for a period of 5 years from the day of installation. In the unlikely event that a revisit is required, we will aim to get out to within 30 days.
- Where we supply external timber parts for the building, the customer shall be responsible for painting such parts or treating with preservative within 7 days of installation. Compton Spares.com will not be responsible for any deteriorations of such timber parts resulting from this work not done by the customer and as necessary through the guarantee period.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
- Accidental or deliberate damage to the building or site preparation subsequent to the installation
- Deterioration resulting from normal wear and tear
- Damage or deterioration resulting from modifications made to the building subsequent to our installation
- Damage or deterioration resulting from natural causes, such as extreme weather conditions, subsidence, flooding or other incidents outside our control
- Any claims covered by any other insurance policies held by the householder
THIS WARRANTY IS NON-TRANSFERABLE:
- GDPR: The personal information supplied by you will be used only for internal record keeping enabling us to process your order. At Compton Spares.com we take your privacy seriously and we will only use your personal information to provide the products and services you have requested. We will not share or sell your details to any businesses for marketing purposes.
NEW GARAGE DOOR CARE:
- A 2-year manufacturer’s warranty applies for all springs, tracks, rollers and hinges for normal use whereby normal use constitutes no more than 5 operations (open/close) per day. Clean with a non-abrasive cleaner
- Immediately after the door is fitted and after every 5,000 operations of the door, or at least once a year, oil all pivot points, check screws and clamped connections for tightness, keep the running tracks clean (do not grease them), check parts and replace any worn components where necessary.
- The springs should be replaced after approx. 25,000 operations by an experienced door fitter (see fitting and operation instructions).
- Minor scratches or marks are not covered under the conditions of our warranty and should be repaired immediately to prevent corrosion and deterioration of the panel. Corrosive substances such as acids, alkalines, and salts, etc. Substances should be cleaned from the door immediately; failure to do so will result in deterioration of the finish, which will not be covered under our warranty. Should deterioration of the finish start to occur you will need to repaint your door immediately. Prepare the surface lightly with wet and dry cloth. Then treat with solvent based 2 pack epoxy wash primer and a normal commercial paint (cellulose paint must not be used).
- Door Care information available upon request
PVC AND GLASS AFTERCARE:
- You should never use an abrasive material on your windows as these will scratch the surface and remove the shine from your window.
- Warm soapy water with washing up liquid is all that is needed to wipe down your windows. Dry with a towel or newspaper to remove smears.
- For any stubborn dirt, use a top grade solvent cleaner suitable for PVC with a gentle cloth to help wipe it away
- Large quantities of debris can lead to the overflowing or ponding of water, particularly in guttering, which may also lead to corrosion. To avoid this, debris should be swept into a pile, using a soft-bristled brush and removed. Shovels or hard tools should be avoided
- In some areas birds can be a nuisance. A build-up of bird droppings can occur on roofs and this may significantly alter the pH of the surface water run off. Buildings used as communal roosts, where an excessive build-up of bird droppings is possible, should be regularly monitored and cleaned down.
- Cleaning should be carried out when dirt and debris are visibly apparent, not merely out of habit. The presence of dirt and debris not only affects the appearance but may also lead to a breakdown of the coating. Furthermore, over many years, despite our roofing materials having gone through numerous protective processes corrosion of the metal substrate may occur if a ‘poultice’ of debris, dirt, retained water and aggressive chemicals is allowed to build up
- All dirty areas should then be washed down using clean water. Do not use saltwater or high-pressure jets with a hose. If necessary, use a recommended cleaning product, or a 10% solution of a good household or industrial detergent in water, before applying a final hose down with clean water. A soft-bristled brush can be used for particularly stubborn deposits.
- Anti-Condensation lining. Maintain the cleanliness of the textile. Water can be used under pressure with some soap.
SAND AND CEMENT FILLET:
- The fillet is applied to the inside to stop wind, dust, and debris blowing under your garage panels into the building. The fillet is not a watertight seal but will provide limited protection to stop water seeping under the panel.
- Weatherstop’s are fitted as standard to all our customers who purchase garage door and installation. The Weather Stop 15mm high garage threshold kit has been designed to form a watertight seal between the garage door and the floor. The threshold will also prevent leaves, dust and debris from being blown under the garage door, thus ensuring a clean and dry environment.
- Prevents small rodents from entering the garage, Reduces the damaging effects of condensation (rusting), Has been rigorously tested to ensure the threshold stays in place when driven over, 100% recyclable (so you’re ‘doing your bit’ for the environment!)
- In the unlikely event that you should require a revisit. Please take photos of the affected area, noting down plenty of information to pass over to the office staff. Please do this this by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will contact you with a revisit date.
- Should defective brickwork be found to the cause of a revisit then a charge may be levied.